Sunday, June 1, 2008

Last night..

was kind of a crappy night. I went out with C hoping to have a great time, but I was just too preoccupied with other stuff to relax and have a good time, but her being the amazing friend that she is dealt with me. I love her. 


We were at one of our favorite bars last night after going to a couple others and deciding we only really like this one. We were drinking a couple J.D. Honey Brown's and watching highlights of the Red Sox vs. the Orioles game. A guy kept standing awkwardly behind us and so I made small talk with him to try and down play the creep factor. FAIL!

It worked at first until he continued to longer behind us with a couple of older women well after he got his drinks. He whispered in C's ear, which I luckily found out later was completely inappropriate. He's lucky he said it to her and not to me. He continued talking to her though and she pretended to laugh and he continued on. Eventually he moved to the side and got involved in his group again.. only so his friend could come up and start talking to us. 

I forget what his friend said but it wasn't funny and it didn't make sense and so he went on to tell us he was joking. C pretended to laugh again and I trying to be nice was like, oh I'm sorry, I didn't get it. He then became a retard and was like, well, I don't get your sarcasm. ?. And I looked at him and told him that it was probably because I wasn't being sarcastic and then I ignored him. 

After a few minutes of peacefulness, the creepy stand behind stalker came back to make conversation with me this time. Oh, lucky me! He kept prodding me, asking me if I was happy and I kept telling him yes, I was, I'm a pretty happy person. Because it just seems like you think I'm.. obtuse. So I paused and tried to figure out how this creepy drunk guy could even use a word like obtuse in his condition, and then went on to assure him I did not think he was obtuse. He continued on with whether I was happy or not and I continued to reassure him that I was. Of course I could have been happier had he not been haggling me with drunken questions about happiness and triangles, but I just wasn't in the mood to be a complete bitch. After he walked away I had to explain obtuse to C, we paid our tab and headed out. 


0 comments: