Tuesday, August 5, 2008

West Nile Virus

I have it. No, seriously. Hear me out before you start with the oh my goodness you are crazy girl. 


First, for the past week I had the poops which ended a couple days ago, but I couldn't attribute it to anything that I ate. I know my body disturbingly well, like I always know what I eat that causes that stuff and it was attributed to anything. I ate all normal stuff. And it wasn't like my normal poops either, I'll leave it at that. That ended a couple days ago, thankfully. 

But, a couple days ago I started with a sore throat and nausea. Like, wicked nausea. Everything I try to eat anything I feel disgustingly sick and want to puke it up, but I don't. I relate it to that feeling when you're really really really really hungry and you feel pukey sick, but you know you just need to eat. It's that feeling, except it keeps me from eating. I get through a couple bites and I just have to stop. I can't even work through it. Unless I eat cake.. maybe there is an upside after all? But my throat keeps getting more and more sore and tender and now feels like the whole left jugular side is a giant bruise. 

Also starting a couple days ago was a fever. A low grade fever, the highest it's gotten so far is 99.4, but I never run fevers. Well, hardly hardly ever. Unless I have the flu and then it's like 103. Normally I average in the 97.6 range. 

And, I'm tired. I worked 4:30-12:30 yesterday, came home and took a 3 hour nap. Then I was still really tired and went back to sleep at 9 and slept until 9 this morning when Mum came to check on me. I did wake up throughout this time frame for activities like being and eating honey. But seriously, a three hour nap followed by 12 hours of sleep? Something is wrong. 

And to top it all off, about a week and half ago, I got 11 mosquito bites in one night. The covered my body including my cheek. 

So that's my story, now here's the symptoms of WNV:
Mild infection signs and symptoms
About 20 percent of people develop a mild infection called West Nile fever. Common signs and symptoms of West Nile fever include:

  • Skin rash
  • Headache
  • Fever
  • Diarrhea
  • Nausea
  • Vomiting
  • Backache
  • Muscle aches
  • Lack of appetite
  • Swollen lymph glands
Those look like pretty good odds to me. The good thing is that although I feel as though I want to die, I won't. The bad thing is that there is nothing the Dr. can do, my body just has to fight it by itself. 

This is very sad. :( 


1 comments:

lizziebelle said...

ohhhh no. meningitis? maybe?scary...