Sunday, May 4, 2008

Finally..

So, he finally called ...  after eight days. It almost doesn't even matter any more whether he did or didn't and to be completely honest, I would have preferred him to not have even bothered. What's the point now? He called me all day long and it wasn't until 8 o'clock that I finally decided to pick up the phone and listen to what he had to say. And that was only after talking it over with mom and getting some good old advice on the situation. She told me to answer it, at least hear what he has to say, regardless if it changes anything or not, just hear him out and so I did. Plus I figured that was the only way to get him to stop calling. But, I knew going into it what the outcome would be. And when I think about it, that could be a whole other issue to discuss, the problem of already having your mind made up when going into something. 


But, to be fair, there really wasn't anything that he could say to make the situation okay and I knew that. I thought about all the possible reasons for him not calling and like my dad told me regarding C's situation, (which applies to mine as well), any excuse he has is going to be a really good one because he's had all week to think about it. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out the reason behind people's actions after thinking about it for a while and I can tell you I hit this one right on the head, it was a pretty good excuse. But, the problem with it was that Mr. H knew what my response to his actions would be, we had discussed it before. Not just his not calling, but the issue that lead to his not calling. And it's not my place to talk about it, what he does is his business, but he knew the consequences that his actions would have, at least in regards to myself and any future we might have.

I firmly believe that you choose your actions. You might not choose the consequences, but you do choose your actions and unfortunately, if you don't think those actions through, well, you end up in the position he is now in. The part that really gets to me is that he wasn't at all sorry, he felt justified. And I might add that he was able to call his mother everyday, but not even have her forward anything on to me, and it's not like we've never talked on the phone, or hung out or anything, so there really was no reason for that. 

So with all things considered, there really wasn't too much for me to say. He didn't like my reaction and so he hung up on me. I can't quite figure that one out, but so be it. He once again chose his actions. But in his own defense, what did it matter at that point?, I made my mind up five days ago.

And it is what it is.

Anyway, Mr. B is back in town after taking a year hiatus to the midwest. I'm kind of excited to see what will come of this, if anything at all. I have some extra free time now so it could turn out to be a pretty good time, I'll let you know.

0 comments: