Wednesday, July 2, 2008

seven seven seven.

My golfpro is sick with a stomach bug so I spent my evening taking care of him. And really, there is nothing in this world that I would rather do, seriously. He's just so cute and lovable when he's sick. We had plans to get together tonight so I could give him his best ever birthday present anyway, but he called me promptly at 3:30 when I was due to be out of work asking me to bring some Pepto along with me. uh.. oh. That's never a good sign. He called back an hour later asking for some Gatorade too. 


So Pepto, the gatorade, his best ever birthday present and myself made our way over around 6. Poor thing was just laying there in bed with a super high fever. His body was just so warm. It took me a good hour and a half to talk him into taking some Tylenol for his fever and by the time I left he was still warm, but not burning up anymore. I went out and got him some soup and yogurt and crackers for him while I was there too since there was none to be found in the house. A house without soup.. I've never seen such a thing!

On a side note, Golfpro is back to living at home. He lived on his own forever, but due to some really really really bad luck he had to move home. He then moved out to the mid-west for the last year, but since he just moved back, he's at home again. Which is totally fine for me, he has a nice family and his privacy so it's good. Plus we're thinking about making a really big move in the next year, so it's a good way to save! 

But anyway, as I was downstairs warming up his soup for him, his mom starting to talk to me about my future. Now, there are few things in life that bug me more than when someone talks to me about my future and gives me advice as to what to do. Granted, I know I have no idea and they're only trying to help, but honestly, between you and me, help someone else. K, thanks. So, she gives me advice on this and on that. But, finally, I had enough and I was like, "But you know, Golfpro and I have been together for just about 6 years now and I know that we're heading in that direction of getting married and having a family and really, I just keep asking him if it would be at all possible for me to just stay at home while he works. That would just be absolutely ideal." Whoa. That totally made her crap her pants. Seriously. The look on her face was absolutely priceless. I almost died. She was like, Why, why would you want to do that? What would you do with your time? It was great. I told Golfpro when I went back upstairs and he loved it. We had a good laugh. 

But, for the record, I wouldn't mind working. But, really I only want to work part time. I just want to be able to see my kids grow up and really have the time to instill in them good morals and values. 

I asked Golfpro tonight if he was really upset that we weren't having a little one right now and he said No- that he wants one, but the time just isn't right right now. But, then again, if it happens it happens and he's totally okay with that. That was a good answer, it made me relax and smile and feel comforted. I'm a pretty lucky girl. 

0 comments: