Friday, July 4, 2008

Sushi.

Yes, it was time for a new layout. I like it. It's simple and cute and.. orange. Which,  really isn't my most favorite color, but it'll work. For now. Plus, it gives me motivation to not keep it forever. 


Last night the Golfpro and I had the best date in a long time. I was bored and called him up just to tell him how ridiculously bored I was, secretly hoping he might offer to change it, which to my surprise he actually did. Well, actually he invited me over to watch him play video games in his underwear. And honestly I think that's pretty great because I love him in his underwear. I know he really wanted me to check out his new game, which isn't all that exciting to me, but if I got to do it while he was in his underwear, how bad could it really be?  When I got there though, he was no longer in his underwear *pout* and so it was a little on the painful side, but every time I pulled my phone out to play a game on there, he would look over at me and say, "You're suppose to be watching." 

After about an hour of video games he got up and we headed out to dinner. Yay! I was getting pretty hungry. I wasn't sure where we were going, but I got to drive. We ended up at a Japanese restaurant that he has been wanting to try. I'm a really picky eater, but I never really care what restaurant we end up at so I let him pick- he's pickier about that then I am. However, upon reviewing the menu and realizing that it was all pretty much sushi I started to get a little nervous and regret my decision of letting him pick. Finally he found me a chicken teriyaki dish- cooked! and ordered sushi for himself. I don't mind sushi, but only if it's the vegetable kind, with lots of avocado- he ordered some of that too.

I tried a lot of new things last night (miso soup...), including chop sticks which definitely took a while and a lot of instruction, but I finally got it down. I now know why Asians tend to be on the thin side- they get sick of trying and just stop eating. I can't say I blame them, it took forever to eat! Golfpro also got me to try to a spicy tuna roll, which I was really nervous about at first, but I did and I actually liked it. When it comes to food I am definitely a texture person more so then taste. Things usually don't taste too bad, but if the texture is all wrong, there is just no way I can eat it. This was good though, it wasn't chewy or squishy or rubbery like I expected it to be. It kind of just melts in your mouth. Not bad at all! It's something I could eat again. 

Golfpro even fooled me into eat fish eggs which I can't say was my favorite part of the meal, but I'm glad I tried it. It's the texture thing again. He had ordered a sushi pizza which was made with almost the same ingredients that's in the spicy tuna roll except it's not rolled, it's layed flat on tempura fried rice and it has a wasabi mayo added to it, and of course fish eggs that must have been on the bottom because I didn't see them. It wasn't until I felt something stuck in my teeth and pulled it out that I started freaking out and realizing what it was. You know when you get  bug on you and swish it off real quick only to feel like it's still there hours later? Totally had that feeling all through my mouth. Every time something was stuck in my teeth I was just sure it was fish eggs. Not the best feeling in the world. Nope. 

I'm definitely not a fan or trying new things at all. In fact, I hate trying new things. I hate change too. Nothing brings me more anxiety and stress then new things and change. Especially where there's this many new things. I must say that I was pretty proud of myself though. 

We had a lot of fun and I really feel like we bonded more. We talked a lot and ate new food and joked around and it was a great time. The check was a ridiculously large amount, but lucky for me he paid. I thanked him a billion times for extra measure and then we went back to his house and did it. That was pretty good too. :)


0 comments: